The Couchbase Server Developer training is designed to give you a complete guide to developing applications using Couchbase Server.
Agenda - Day 1
• Introduction and High Level Architecture
• An overview of Couchbase Server, what if offers and how it works.
• Getting Started
• Quick installation and setup guide to get a cluster running that will be used for the exercises and application development for the rest of the training course. The basic protocol, interface, connection and operations are also introduced here.
• Asynchronous and Advanced operations
• Guide to the asynchronous protocol operations available in Java, and advanced operations such as Compare and Swap (CAS).
• Using JSON in Couchbase
• How to use JSON to define information, including a basic introduction to the structure of a document and how it can be used to model different types of data.
• Document Design and Beer Data
• An overview of designing and populating information using a document database and a closer look at the sample database, document types and document structure, and how these decisions affect document design.
• Sample App. – Intro. and Data Model
• Overview of the sample application that will be used to demonstrate the functionality of the development environment and building applications using Couchbase Server as the data store.
• Tutorial Sample Exercise
• A detailed exercise to build an application using Couchbase Server and the techniques developed during the day.
Agenda - Day 2
• Quick Review of Day One
• A quick review of the content learned in day 1.
• Tutorial Sample exercises review
• Examination of the different techniques covered when building the sample application.
• Introduction to Query and Views
• What views are, and how they provide support for querying the data stored within Couchbase Server. Also covers the key considerations when writing views and how the view mechanism builds indexes and query capabilities.
• Logging and other Advanced concepts
• Coping with errors and using the logging solutions built in to the client library and Couchbase Server for identifying and diagnosing problems.
• Exercises on Views
• A suite of different exercises designed to expand your knowledge of view development by giving you hands-on exercises. You’ll cover different view techniques and advantages and disadvantages of different view building techniques.
• Enhancement of Tutorial for Views
• Expanding on the earlier tutorial application, you’ll be asked to expand and enhance your application by adding views into your application.
• Sample app. walkthrough and enhancement
• An examination of our completed application, how the different components work together and possible areas for further enhancement and improvements.
• Final Review, Roadmap and conclusions
• A look forward to the future improvements to the development environment and tools, an opportunity for questions and feedback, and sum up.
For more information, or to make a booking on either a public or private training session, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.