The Black Sea basin faces numerous challenges of marine and maritime nature. There is a need of an enhanced cooperation across all coastal states to ensure growth and sustainable development of the blue economy taking into account existing commitments for protection of the environment.
Our objective is to give visibility to the concrete work carried out in the Black Sea showing the benefit of regional cooperation. The conference will encourage a dialogue at more technical level in specific fields of the maritime domain such as maritime clusters, environmental protection, fisheries management and aquaculture. It will seek to stimulate cross-sectorial initiatives which are mutually beneficial to the littoral states concerned.
The conference will be organised around the following panels:
· Panel 1: Partnership in the region
· Panel 2: Blue Growth: the Integrated Maritime Policy
· Panel 3: Promoting sustainable sea food production and consumption
· Panel 4: Preserving the marine environment of the Black Sea
· Panel 5: Fostering the Black Sea economy through cross-border projects and maritime clusters.
Working languages of the conference will be English, Romanian and Russian.
For further information on the activities of DG MARE, please consult EU Maritime Affairs