Smart shipping is not about a single, revolutionary idea or concept that is going to transform the industry – instead it must be a combination of innovative thinking, technologies and processes; hardware, software and “humanware” combining to offer effective operations through close monitoring and analysis. Smart shipping is about reducing costs, improving performance and staying compliant.
SmartShipping 2011 is a strategic conference grounded in the commercial realities of today’s shipping world and has been developed on the fundamental premise that ship owners can and will engage in innovation only when it results in higher efficiencies and regulatory compliance with corresponding lower installation and/or operational costs.
Singapore is, as a major hub for shipping and ship-building industries, well-known for its active role in the research and development of new maritime technologies. In recent years, it has taken bold steps to transform the island state from a maritime cluster into a knowledge hub, setting aside millions in funding to attract the best and brightest in the business. From its partnership with and support for new technology centres and a first-of-its-kind in Asia ballast water testing facility, the maritime authorities in Singapore have their finger on the pulse, hence playing host to SmartShipping 2011.
Who should attend?
Smarter shipping benefits all parties in a vessel’s life cycle; and more efficient shipping is the responsibility of several different stakeholders in the process. The personnel in attendance at SmartShipping will be:
- involved in ship design and ship design optimisation
- seeking out new technologies and processes to improve efficiency and reduce costs
- responsible for issues such as sustainability, efficiency, the environment and compliance
- involved in making strategic decisions about company funding in innovation and technology
- interested to hear from experts about the radical new course that shipping is charting, and be in the know about the revolutionary methods that are contributing to smarter shipping globally.
For more information, please click here to download the latest brochure.